Actually I really do not mind homework at all. So these past couple of days, I have been reading my book "A Very Famous Social Worker', and it really has been interesting and keeps becoming interesting. I really enjoy Greg Johnson's sense of humor and how he describes the cases he has been working on. I love that Greg has a personal story to tell for some of the cases. Like there was a young boy Ricky who really just wanted his license but his family could not afford the tests or the lessons and Greg volunteered to teach Ricky. Greg reminisced back when his dad "taught" him to drive, which was to bring him to a housing development and letting Greg putz about while he read the newspaper. Greg thought back to that moment, in order to teach Ricky because Greg wanted to be more helpful and hands on. It is great to get these stories of Greg's thinking or past because it really helps to understand how Greg will work in a certain case. Other than reading, I have been updating my other blog, with my research on foster care, and I tried uploading my second interview but it would not, so I just wrote down two of the questions and answers from the interview for now. Hopefully I can get the audio up soon to have the complete interview.That is basically what I have been up to lately on the homework front.
Honestly I really think working in class is a lot more helpful than working outside of class. I mean I have been great with getting the interviews done which have been all outside the classroom, but besides that I feel like I have not been getting much done in the way of blogging, or reading my books. Looking at the calendar today in class, really made me have a mini anxiety attack because I honestly feel like I need to be at least a hundred times faster or have more things completed. I need to buckle down outside of the classroom.
I need to set aside certain times throughout the day to work on my book and to work on updating the blog. I usually update the blog like this at night, so I am thinking maybe I could update the blog every other night like ten or fifteen minutes left in study hall. That way I can be on top of it and have a good set period of writing. For the reading I need to find a time besides study hall because I have other homework to do and I cannot concentrate on my book at night. I think I can set aside thirty minutes every G block because I usually have that one all to myself.
Besides managing my time and getting what I want done, I am still glad I picked this topic and I am thrilled to see what else I can do in these coming weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment