Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I really feel like my project is starting off on a great foot. I have been able to keep up with my calendar, not only in my classwork but my homework as well. In class I have been very productive with typing up a draft letter, interview questions, and research on the foster care system. After I drafted up my letter to send to potential interviewees, I had Mr. Igoe take a look before I sent it to make sure everything was clear and precise. Mr. Igoe did some edits, and in class we decided that I could send it out to his wife, Molly. I sent the letter to her this afternoon and we have already set up an interview session Monday at 6:30 PM. During class Mr. Igoe and I also went over my interview questions, which are looking informative. I just need to leave room for follow up questions, and a repertoire with the interviewee. I am slightly nervous about these interviews, not because I think the people involved are not going to be helpful, but because I get flustered speaking to people. I am going to practice speaking my questions this weekend though to get prepared for Monday. I feel a little nervous about the research and paper on the foster care system though. I did research today, but did not finish it quite yet. I may have to push the paper back till sometime this weekend so I can get my research done tomorrow and Friday. I do not want to fall behind on these little papers though, so I know I have to be on my game and ready to research my next topic right after I am done with my foster care paper. My homework has been going well, I do everything like I would if Mr. Igoe assigned us work for homework. The midterm project is coming up this next week, and we did talk about it in class today. I think I decided on making a quick power point, answering some of the questions on the sheet Mr. Igoe handed out, my draft letter, interview questions and hopefully some blog posts about the book I am reading or the paper on the foster care system. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment