All throughout this year in Senior English Seminar, I have had difficulties with speaking. I had difficulties getting involved in seminars, and presenting things to the class. I would get extremely anxious and basically have an anxiety attack in class. I felt pretty bad about it, because it really was not the class or the people in the class. I really love and enjoy senior seminar, personally it is my favorite class. My classmates and teacher are all people I know very well and in no means are uncomfortable with. It was just something that was my own personal issue. That being said I was extremely nervous for this presentation. I prepared all Monday in class for it. I arranged a powerpoint, with different slides that included why I chose this project, what is happening overall and it also included my two interviews. After class Monday, I went up to Mr. Igoe and asked if I could go first on Tuesday because I knew the wait would just make me more nervous and I would probably end up crying during the middle of my presentation. Mr. Igoe said yes (THANK YOU!!) and I started off the week of presentations. Yes of course I was nervous, and I was a fidgeting mess up in front of the class. I really was passionate about this topic though and I enjoyed talking about what I was up to, and why I wanted to study this. I was very disappointed though when my videos would not play for the class. Even though it would have been so embarrassing, especially the video when I made weird faces, I think it would have been good for the class to hear what questions I came up with and the answers I got to what I have been wanting to know. After the videos did not play I was kind of flustered and or I just forgot but I really wanted to tell the class a little bit about my book. I am actually really enjoying this book, and the first few chapters were extremely interesting and I think the class would have really liked some of the cases the author was a part of. The question part of the presentation was great, and it brought up some questions that should be answered. Like whats the end product? The end product will be the other blog I am working on which will have book chapter updates, class research/work, and my papers about the interviews and books that I finished. Are the interviews going to separate papers? No the interviews will be one paper because I feel like I can really talk about the multiple responses better in one paper and make it more interesting.
Overall I thought the presentations went really well and I am beyond excited to see everyones project and to see the end product of mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment